This blog comes to you from the people at
Scripture follow the meditation and thoughts.
Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the left.
Ezekiel 39:7-8, 21-29
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
O Lord, how manifold are your works! 061411
It has been suggested that instead of praying this Psalm exactly, one could insert the natural wonders of one’s locality or region, so the Psalm is more personal to each.
This Psalm is also more like a prayer than just a song, and that’s nice. Maybe one should occasionally sing the morning prayers.
This morning thunder sounds in the distance and more rain is expected all day. The world of summer is so green and deep, and the rain encourages it to continue. One cannot count the shades of green in a single valley.
Pray for the natural wonders of our earth, and the earth’s total environment, be protected and cared for as the work of our Lord.
Pray for peace.
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b 2
24O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.
25Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things innumerable are there, living things both small and great.
26There go the ships, and Leviathan that you formed to sport in it.
27These all look to you to give them their food in due season;
28when you give to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are filled with good things.
29When you hide your face, they are dismayed; when you take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.
30When you send forth your spirit, they are created; and you renew the face of the ground.
31May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works—
32who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke.
33I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being.
34May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord.
35Let sinners be consumed from the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless the Lord, O my soul. Praise the Lord!
Ezekiel 39:7-8, 21-29
7My holy name I will make known among my people Israel; and I will not let my holy name be profaned any more; and the nations shall know that I am the Lord, the Holy One in Israel.
8It has come! It has happened, says the Lord God. This is the day of which I have spoken. 21I will display my glory among the nations; and all the nations shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid on them. 22The house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God, from that day forward.
23And the nations shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity, because they dealt treacherously with me. So I hid my face from them and gave them into the hand of their adversaries, and they all fell by the sword. 24I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their transgressions, and hid my face from them. 25Therefore thus says the Lord God: Now I will restore the fortunes of Jacob, and have mercy on the whole house of Israel; and I will be jealous for my holy name. 26They shall forget their shame, and all the treachery they have practiced against me, when they live securely in their land with no one to make them afraid, 27when I have brought them back from the peoples and gathered them from their enemies’ lands, and through them have displayed my holiness in the sight of many nations. 28Then they shall know that I am the Lord their God because I sent them into exile among the nations, and then gathered them into their own land. I will leave none of them behind; 29and I will never again hide my face from them, when I pour out my spirit upon the house of Israel, says the Lord God.
26Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words. 27And God, who searches the heart, knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- This is the day… (joyislife.wordpress.com)
- The Day Pentecost was Fulfilled (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- Cleansing the Temple (sabbathsermons.com)
- Patience is a virtue (milesng.wordpress.com)
- What A Wonderful Day To Be Alive (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Praise and Worship (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- Holy – God Is Holy and He Manifests Himself As Holy. (orifieltrony.wordpress.com)
- Jesus Is Aware of Our Deeds and He Cares About What He Sees! (jackwoodard.wordpress.com)
- A Faithful Creator (marybolick.wordpress.com)
- How To Avoid Defeat As A Follower Of Jesus (pastorpaulvbsblog.blogspot.com)
- Psalm 96 (mikyunglim.wordpress.com)
- Importance of the Old Testament in New Testament Study: The Holy Spirit (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel; And it shall come to pass in the last days… (dawnmarie4.wordpress.com)
- Holy Spirit Said to Prepare Unity Among Nations (onecatholicnews.wordpress.com)
- Thank God for the Performance of His Promises (revivalandreformation.wordpress.com)
- The Lord Is On My Side (injesus.wordpress.com)
- Blessing of the Animals (nearwestclevepastor.wordpress.com)
- Pentecost (prepareformass.wordpress.com)