This blog comes to you from the people at
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
Can Today Be A Day Of Blessing? 101011
Today’s Psalm seems appropriate for Monday morning. Maybe we approach Monday with some caution or reluctance. After the Lord’s day Monday seems like a let down; the Lord’s day seems (to me) calm, loving, warm—spent in the presence of fellow Christians and family.
On Monday however, we never know. Going back into the world is sometimes a shock, meeting and working with people who may not be Christian, and who may not have started their day with prayer and Bible reading. Even the drive to work, be it long or short may well not be a Christian experience, and may cause despair or consternation.
Nevertheless, can we encourage one another to have their time with Jesus before going to work, or starting the day’s activity? Can we encourage the daily reading of the Bible?
Pray for peace this day, for you and all you meet!
1I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad.
3O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4I sought the Lord, and he answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5Look to him, and be radiant; so your faces shall never be ashamed.
6This poor soul cried, and was heard by the Lord, and was saved from every trouble.
7The angel of the Lord encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them.
8O taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in him.
9O fear the Lord, you his holy ones, for those who fear him have no want.
10The young lions suffer want and hunger, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
11Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12Which of you desires life, and covets many days to enjoy good?
13Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking deceit.
14Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their cry.
16The face of the Lord is against evildoers, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears, and rescues them from all their troubles.
18The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves the crushed in spirit.
19Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord rescues them from them all.
20He keeps all their bones; not one of them will be broken.
21Evil brings death to the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned.
22The Lord redeems the life of his servants; none of those who take refuge in him will be condemned.
7So Moses came, summoned the elders of the people, and set before them all these words that the Lord had commanded him. 8The people all answered as one: “Everything that the Lord has spoken we will do.” Moses reported the words of the people to the Lord.
9Then the Lord said to Moses, “I am going to come to you in a dense cloud, in order that the people may hear when I speak with you and so trust you ever after.” When Moses had told the words of the people to the Lord, 10the Lord said to Moses: “Go to the people and consecrate them today and tomorrow. Have them wash their clothes 11and prepare for the third day, because on the third day the Lord will come down upon Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people. 12You shall set limits for the people all around, saying, ‘Be careful not to go up the mountain or to touch the edge of it. Any who touch the mountain shall be put to death. 13No hand shall touch them, but they shall be stoned or shot with arrows; whether animal or human being, they shall not live.’ When the trumpet sounds a long blast, they may go up on the mountain.” 14So Moses went down from the mountain to the people. He consecrated the people, and they washed their clothes. 15And he said to the people, “Prepare for the third day; do not go near a woman.”
16On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning, as well as a thick cloud on the mountain, and a blast of a trumpet so loud that all the people who were in the camp trembled. 17Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God. They took their stand at the foot of the mountain. 18Now Mount Sinai was wrapped in smoke, because the Lord had descended upon it in fire; the smoke went up like the smoke of a kiln, while the whole mountain shook violently. 19As the blast of the trumpet grew louder and louder, Moses would speak and God would answer him in thunder. 20When the Lord descended upon Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain, the Lord summoned Moses to the top of the mountain, and Moses went up.
17But you, beloved, must remember the predictions of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18for they said to you, “In the last time there will be scoffers, indulging their own ungodly lusts.” 19It is these worldly people, devoid of the Spirit, who are causing divisions. 20But you, beloved, build yourselves up on your most holy faith; pray in the Holy Spirit; 21keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 22And have mercy on some who are wavering; 23save others by snatching them out of the fire; and have mercy on still others with fear, hating even the tunic defiled by their bodies. 24Now to him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand without blemish in the presence of his glory with rejoicing, 25to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, power, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- My Child, The Deliverer (shepherdssheep.wordpress.com)
- DAY 13: 122 spared! (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- A Glimpse Into the Soul of Newman (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- T D P D (revelation217.wordpress.com)
- Labor Day – What Does the Bible Say ? – Keeping the Sabbath (lnger.wordpress.com)
- Be Still and Know that I am God!…(race stats) (thenextmailboxboston.wordpress.com)
- 10/02/2011 Press on toward the Goal (richbrownforewords.wordpress.com)
- God is Our Ultimate Owner (jesusnsports.wordpress.com)
- Bring The Rain (gibsongirl247.wordpress.com)
- Spring Break with the BCM Chorale (bobbybosler.wordpress.com)
- Modesty to a Woman Is Like the Stem of a Tree!!! (vinjennacent.wordpress.com)
- My Testimony: From The Darkness Of Roman Catholicism To True Salvation In Jesus Christ! (soulrefuge.org)
- To God Be the Glory at Camp Wildwood! (bobbybosler.wordpress.com)
- God’s Training in Our Lives (moriahfaith.wordpress.com)
- Letter to God 9/13/11 (thewomanatthewell.wordpress.com)
- USD-South Chaplain’s Inspiration, 29AUG2011 (chaplainjcraigcombs.wordpress.com)
- SOS Praising (revelation217.wordpress.com)
- ABAD: Surprises and New Things (gracingjenny.wordpress.com)
- Why Revival Services Are Still Important (gospelgrippedpreaching.com)
- I Have To Stand Up And Testify! (rccwsu9.wordpress.com)
- not a fan: Wherever, Whenever, Whatever (cornerstonefellowship.wordpress.com)
- Incredible! The Lord’s Disciples Saw Moses And Elijah Talking With Jesus About His Death At Jerusalem! (soulrefuge.org)
- Is Mormonism A Cult? Do Mormons Worship A Counterfeit Jesus Christ? (Their Teachings Compared With The Bible) (soulrefuge.org)
- Mount Horeb (pttyann2.wordpress.com)
- 2 Timothy (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- The Name of God: The Name Above Every Name (Part 4) (getrealchristianity.wordpress.com)
- The Glory of the Lord (brokenbutraised.wordpress.com)
- Did Moses See God? (bishoysblog.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About Murmuring (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Leviticus 24 (asorensen.wordpress.com)