This blog comes to you from the people at
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
1 Peter 5:1-5
A Psalm of Praise 101411
Sometimes thinking gets in my way. Psalm 96 may help with this because it is simply a song of praise. I can read this over and over throughout the day, and it sounds are new and renew the earth around us.
This Psalm brings joy to God, to us, and to all of the earth. Read Verse 12 ‘let the field exult, and everything in it. Then shall all the trees of the forest sing’. Have we heard the trees of the forest sing? If not, we’re not spending enough time out of doors, and not reading this Psalm to all of God’s creation.
Make this a joyous day for all of us and earth. Sing the Psalm!
Pray for the joy and peace of all of earth today. Pray for peace.
1O sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.
2Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day.
3Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous works among all the peoples.
4For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be revered above all gods.
5For all the gods of the peoples are idols, but the Lord made the heavens.
6Honor and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
7Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
8Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering, and come into his courts.
9Worship the Lord in holy splendor; tremble before him, all the earth.[
10Say among the nations, “The Lord is king! The world is firmly established; it shall never be moved. He will judge the peoples with equity.”
11Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice; let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
12let the field exult, and everything in it. Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy
13before the Lord; for he is coming, for he is coming to judge the earth. He will judge the world with righteousness, and the peoples with his truth.]
31The Lord spoke to Moses: 2See, I have called by name Bezalel son of Uri son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah: 3and I have filled him with divine spirit, with ability, intelligence, and knowledge in every kind of craft, 4to devise artistic designs, to work in gold, silver, and bronze, 5in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, in every kind of craft. 6Moreover, I have appointed with him Oholiab son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you: 7the tent of meeting, and the ark of the covenant, and the mercy seat that is on it, and all the furnishings of the tent, 8the table and its utensils, and the pure lampstand with all its utensils, and the altar of incense, 9and the altar of burnt offering with all its utensils, and the basin with its stand, 10and the finely worked vestments, the holy vestments for the priest Aaron and the vestments of his sons, for their service as priests, 11and the anointing oil and the fragrant incense for the holy place. They shall do just as I have commanded you.
1 Peter 5:1-5
5Now as an elder myself and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, as well as one who shares in the glory to be revealed, I exhort the elders among you 2to tend the flock of God that is in your charge, exercising the oversight, not under compulsion but willingly, as God would have you do it—not for sordid gain but eagerly. 3Do not lord it over those in your charge, but be examples to the flock. 4And when the chief shepherd appears, you will win the crown of glory that never fades away.
5In the same way, you who are younger must accept the authority of the elders. And all of you must clothe yourselves with humility in your dealings with one another, for “God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.”
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Related articles are presented without endorsement
- Bow Down Your Ear, O Lord, Hear Me; for I Am Poor and Needy (psalm 86:1) (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Prayer for Wednesday (Sukkot begins) (yourdailyprayer.wordpress.com)
- Sacrifice of Praise! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Christ in the Psalms (oblosb.wordpress.com)
- Where Is God’s Country? What Difference Does It Make? by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Scriptures for Praise and Worship on 091811 (jonwellman.com)
- David’s story is my story – Is it your story, too? (hastenhome.wordpress.com)
- Lord, You Alone (gratitudeisanattitude.wordpress.com)
- Sunday August 29 2011 (mikyunglim.wordpress.com)
- Twenty Seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- What About the Punishment of the Wicked (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Praise & Magnify the Lord Jesus Christ (5ptsalt.com)
- Today’s Poetry Reading for the Edification of the Soul (vineandbranchworldministries.com)
- What About Regeneration (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Who Let All the Riffraff Into the Covenant? The Readings for the Twentieth Sunday in Ordinary Time (thesacredpage.com)
- Sermon: Sunday, September 11, 2011 – First Sunday in Season of Creation, Forests (byproclamation.wordpress.com)
- What the Bible Teaches About Ambition (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- The Dormition of Theotokos (1) (vatopaidi.wordpress.com)
- Forest fears (bbc.co.uk)
- Deforestation termed a key reason for flood losses (greenactivist.wordpress.com)
- How Great Thou Art: Circumstance Notwithstanding (VIDEO) (intheknow7.wordpress.com)
- w3.4.8a – (arthur2rcasc.wordpress.com)
- An Ode to a Forest (yardtotablegardens.wordpress.com)
- Sermon: Sunday, September 18, 2011: Second Sunday in the Season of Creation (byproclamation.wordpress.com)
- 23 The Death Decree (sabbathsermons.com)
- Renewal (jajalarue.wordpress.com)
- w3.4.7a – The Menorah was one of the holy objects inside the Temple. owned by the Legionaries of Christ (arthur2rcasc.wordpress.com)
- End of August; End of Summer 😦 (godlywomengettheblues.wordpress.com)
- Scriptures for Praise and Worship on 100211 (jonwellman.com)
- Give Thanks! (meditateonthelord.org)