This blog comes to you from the people at
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO Permission is granted for one-time non-commercial use with proper attribution.
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
Zechariah 2:1-5; 5:1-4
1 Thessalonians 5:12-18
Christian Activists 111411
Good morning and good Monday! 1 Thessalonians today is so encouraging to Christians in exhorting us all to be active, not just with our politics or with our work, but with our spiritual life as Christians, which is not at all separated from our total life.
I also humbly encourage you to be an active Christian and a Christian Activist. There is so much to be done in the kingdom of God, and Jesus calls us all to do it!
Remember to pray in the morning, at noon, and in the evening, at least (and Paul even reminds us to ‘Pray without ceasing’!)
Pray for peace
1I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
2I will be glad and exult in you; I will sing praise to your name, O Most High.
3When my enemies turned back, they stumbled and perished before you.
4For you have maintained my just cause; you have sat on the throne giving righteous judgment.
5You have rebuked the nations, you have destroyed the wicked; you have blotted out their name forever and ever.
6The enemies have vanished in everlasting ruins; their cities you have rooted out; the very memory of them has perished.
7But the Lord sits enthroned forever, he has established his throne for judgment.
8He judges the world with righteousness; he judges the peoples with equity.
9The Lord is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
10And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
11Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion. Declare his deeds among the peoples.
12For he who avenges blood is mindful of them; he does not forget the cry of the afflicted.
13Be gracious to me, O Lord. See what I suffer from those who hate me; you are the one who lifts me up from the gates of death,
14so that I may recount all your praises, and, in the gates of daughter Zion, rejoice in your deliverance.
Zechariah 2:1-5; 5:1-4
2I looked up and saw a man with a measuring line in his hand. 2Then I asked, “Where are you going?” He answered me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what is its width and what is its length.” 3Then the angel who talked with me came forward, and another angel came forward to meet him, 4and said to him, “Run, say to that young man: Jerusalem shall be inhabited like villages without walls, because of the multitude of people and animals in it. 5For I will be a wall of fire all around it, says the Lord, and I will be the glory within it.”
5Again I looked up and saw a flying scroll. 2And he said to me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll; its length is twenty cubits, and its width ten cubits.” 3Then he said to me, “This is the curse that goes out over the face of the whole land; for everyone who steals shall be cut off according to the writing on one side, and everyone who swears falsely shall be cut off according to the writing on the other side. 4I have sent it out, says the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter the house of the thief, and the house of anyone who swears falsely by my name; and it shall abide in that house and consume it, both timber and stones.”
1 Thessalonians 5:12-18
12But we appeal to you, brothers and sisters, to respect those who labor among you, and have charge of you in the Lord and admonish you; 13esteem them very highly in love because of their work. Be at peace among yourselves. 14And we urge you, beloved, to admonish the idlers, encourage the faint hearted, help the weak, be patient with all of them. 15See that none of you repays evil for evil, but always seek to do good to one another and to all.
16Rejoice always, 17pray without ceasing, 18give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Related articles are presented without endosement
- Vietnam: CSW calls for release of Christian activists convicted of subversion (global-christian.net)
- Morning Buzz: Monday 11.14.11 (laobserved.com)
- The Lord Is Coming (gladlylistening.wordpress.com)
- Quiet Walk Crosswalk@crosswalkmail.com (thechristiangazette.wordpress.com)
- Audio Readings October 23, 2011 30th Sunday in Ordinary Time (sacredheartcatholicchurchcrosbytexas.wordpress.com)
- Say A Prayer: Get Rich (goldenbible.wordpress.com)
- New Book from Christian Pastor and Activist, Brian McLaren, Proclaims the Birth of ‘A New Kind of Christianity’ (prweb.com)
- …with BEAUTY, from ashes (nnyphishnet.net)
- The Devouring Lion (scripturenuggets.wordpress.com)
- God Calls For Justice (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- What About Our Christian Character (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Eternal Rewards Given to Christians in Heaven – Five Crowns of Reward (lnger.wordpress.com)
- Not Able to Finish Pt 2: Receive Support or ‘Work with My Hands’? By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- Millions of Christians Following Ministers Of Satan? (truelogic.wordpress.com)
- Labor Day – What Does the Bible Say ? – Keeping the Sabbath (lnger.wordpress.com)
- Simplicity Of Life – What Is It? (qwertymoments.wordpress.com)
- “Get behind me, Satan!” (geneveith.com)
- Romans 13:1-7 – Paul and Occupy Wall Street (Part 2) (readingacts.wordpress.com)
- The Church Triumphant in Prophecy (sabbathsermons.com)
- Completely off topic – On Christianity and being a Liberal. (mamataraj.wordpress.com)
- The symbolic mountains of Ezekiel 34 (creationconcept.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Matters for the Soul XXII (sensoryecstasy.wordpress.com)
- Black Folks and Religion: Opiate of the masses redux (minerva5.wordpress.com)
- The Hunger of a Child Should Never Be. (fidlerten.com)
- Eating the Lord’s Body (onwardswearychristian.wordpress.com)
- Feed My Sheep (moretinythoughts.wordpress.com)
- God Speaks Out About the Right Wing (maboulette.wordpress.com)
- Does God Answer all prayers? (todtv1.wordpress.com)
- Message: ” Since We Belong to the Day ” , Sunday, November 13, 2011: Communion (religare72.wordpress.com)
- 11/13/2011 Encourage One Another (richbrownforewords.wordpress.com)
- Sever Reasons Your Christian Husband Can’t Do Better – Part 7 (katharinetrauger.wordpress.com)
- 25 Famous Bible Verses (christianpf.com)
- 21 Bible Verses About Giving (christianpf.com)
- Running From God: By Bruce Scott (chaplaingary.wordpress.com)
- Faithfulness in the Small Matters: The Readings for the 33d Sunday in Ordinary Time (thesacredpage.com)
- Dangerous Christians Who Teach Us To Live Like Jesus (kiwianglo.wordpress.com)
- Where Comfort is Found . . . (nearer2thee.wordpress.com)
- 7 Proverbs That Will Make You Rich (christianpf.com)
- The 22nd Sunday after Pentecost: Proper 28 Year A – November 13, 2011 (prayerbookguide.wordpress.com)
- Do you rejoice in the Lord? (cinhosa.wordpress.com)
- 4 Things a Christian should do (pastormikesays.wordpress.com)
- And Death is Gain….A Reflection on the Christian View of Death. (adw.org)
- “Do you not see the log that is in your own eye?” (worryisuseless.wordpress.com)
- A Christian Philosophy of Leadership: (mcminnala.com)
- Nature vs. Nurture: Is beach snobbery genetic? (proseccoandpampers.com)