Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO Permission is granted for one-time non-commercial use with proper attribution.
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
Music and the Weather 111711
Maybe it’s the weather or the reduced sunshine of fall in the Northern hemisphere, but I’m feeling more musical these days. Of course, with fall and less daylight many of us are inside for longer periods of time. Music on the radio seems much more comforting this time of year and less a distraction, as it seems sometimes in summer.
God seems to share this delight and Psalm 100 asks that we make a joyful noise to the Lord. We all probably share memories of the tunes of several hymns at least—whistling or humming those tunes counts. One need not be in tune.
Making a joyful noise to God makes us all joyful.
Pray for peace, and find time to read your Bible and pray.
1Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth.
2Worship the Lord with gladness; come into his presence with singing.
3Know that the Lord is God. It is he that made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
4Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise. Give thanks to him, bless his name.
5For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.
40Comfort, O comfort my people, says your God. 2Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that she has served her term, that her penalty is paid, that she has received from the Lord’s hand double for all her sins.
3A voice cries out: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God. 4Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain. 5Then the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all people shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.” 6A voice says, “Cry out!” And I said, “What shall I cry?” All people are grass, their constancy is like the flower of the field. 7The grass withers, the flower fades, when the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely the people are grass. 8The grass withers, the flower fades; but the word of our God will stand forever.
9Get you up to a high mountain, O Zion, herald of good tidings; lift up your voice with strength, O Jerusalem, herald of good tidings, lift it up, do not fear; say to the cities of Judah, “Here is your God!” 10See, the Lord God comes with might, and his arm rules for him; his reward is with him, and his recompense before him. 11He will feed his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms, and carry them in his bosom, and gently lead the mother sheep.
22Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, bright as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2through the middle of the street of the city. On either side of the river is the tree of life with its twelve kinds of fruit, producing its fruit each month; and the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. 3Nothing accursed will be found there any more. But the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him; 4they will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. 5And there will be no more night; they need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever.
6And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true, for the Lord, the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place.” 7“See, I am coming soon! Blessed is the one who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book.” 8I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me; 9but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your comrades the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God!”
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Related articles are presented without endorsement
- Thanksgiving Meditation (daretoloveagain.wordpress.com)
- All People That On Earth Do Dwell / Psalm 100 by Zac Hicks – Sunday Songs (mgpcpastor.com)
- Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ The King (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- Worship Pt 10 – Pleasing the Father By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday, November 15, 2011 @ Ezra 1-5 (phyllisbenigas.wordpress.com)
- Thirty Second Sunday in Ordinary Time (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- Worship Pt 9 – Loving the Father By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- Worship Pt 7 – The Ark (Presence) of God By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- Worship Pt 6 – Dedication of the Temple By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- On Sunday (mikyunglim.wordpress.com)
- October 23 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- Holy Monday, April 18 (prayerscapes.wordpress.com)
- The Great Day of GOD’s Wrath (zionsgate.wordpress.com)
- Worship Pt 2 – Smashing Idols By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- Twenty Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- The Action of a People – Leitourgia and the Lord’s Supper (heidelberg26.wordpress.com)
- How to Overcome Sin (sabbathsermons.com)
- Demons and Music | The Still Small Voice (discerningmusic.wordpress.com)
- Isaiah 58: “TELL MY PEOPLE OF THEIR SINS!” (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- Lasting Legacies (ofgodthegospelandglamour.wordpress.com)
- Concerning compromise (eardstapa.wordpress.com)
- What are YOU Thankful for? (kidcityteam.wordpress.com)
- Speak always in a way that builds up. 11.17.11 (wisdomformysons.wordpress.com)
- Serving The Lord With Gladness (pttyann2.wordpress.com)