This blog comes to you from the people at
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO Permission is granted for one-time non-commercial use with proper attribution.
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
Psalm 89:1-4, 19-26
2 Samuel 6:1-11
There is Hope, Hope, Hope 121511
In the midst of international peace and personal healing, it is clear to me that Jesus is part of my personal life and the life of the world. I feel Jesus with me, especially when I’m doing manual labor—farming or carpentry for instance. The animals are calmed when I pray before working by kneeling in the unplowed field or kneeling in the midst of construction materials and tools.
And amazing grace, but I can once again kneel! Just a week ago if I knelt, it would take a cane, two people and a tow truck to get me back up on my feet. (It is small but I’ve got diseases that cause stiffness to develop, and make rising and sitting difficult. But I’ve somehow been healed and I know it is Jesus, because I’ve been calling for him to heal my old bones.!)
And internationally, we have been praying for the peace that begins today in Iraq. American and other foreign troops will be withdrawn from Iraq today. May God come to them again, that they reestablish Godliness in their homeland.
Pray for peace and pray for hope (the small gentle voice of God)
1I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.
2I declare that your steadfast love is established forever; your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.
3You said, “I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to my servant David:
4‘I will establish your descendants forever, and build your throne for all generations.’” Selah
19Then you spoke in a vision to your faithful one, and said: “I have set the crown on one who is mighty, I have exalted one chosen from the people.
20I have found my servant David; with my holy oil I have anointed him;
21my hand shall always remain with him; my arm also shall strengthen him.
22The enemy shall not outwit him, the wicked shall not humble him.
23I will crush his foes before him and strike down those who hate him.
24My faithfulness and steadfast love shall be with him; and in my name his horn shall be exalted.
25I will set his hand on the sea and his right hand on the rivers.
26He shall cry to me, ‘You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation!’
6David again gathered all the chosen men of Israel, thirty thousand. 2David and all the people with him set out and went from Baale-judah, to bring up from there the ark of God, which is called by the name of the Lord of hosts who is enthroned on the cherubim. 3They carried the ark of God on a new cart, and brought it out of the house of Abinadab, which was on the hill. Uzzah and Ahio, the sons of Abinadab, were driving the new cart 4with the ark of God; and Ahio went in front of the ark. 5David and all the house of Israel were dancing before the Lord with all their might, with songs and lyres and harps and tambourines and castanets and cymbals.
6When they came to the threshing floor of Nacon, Uzzah reached out his hand to the ark of God and took hold of it, for the oxen shook it. 7The anger of the Lord was kindled against Uzzah; and God struck him there because he reached out his hand to the ark; and he died there beside the ark of God. 8David was angry because the Lord had burst forth with an outburst upon Uzzah; so that place is called Perez-uzzah, to this day. 9David was afraid of the Lord that day; he said, “How can the ark of the Lord come into my care?” 10So David was unwilling to take the ark of the Lord into his care in the city of David; instead David took it to the house of Obed-edom the Gittite. 11The ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months; and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and all his household.
1Long ago God spoke to our ancestors in many and various ways by the prophets, 2but in these last days he has spoken to us by a Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom he also created the worlds. 3He is the reflection of God’s glory and the exact imprint of God’s very being, and he sustains all things by his powerful word. When he had made purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4having become as much superior to angels as the name he has inherited is more excellent than theirs.
- An Advent Reflection (catholicjules.net)
- Advent Resources 2011 (truenorthonline.org)
- The Season of Advent: A collection of blogs (ptl2010.com)
- “Semper Paratus!”: The Readings for the First Sunday of Advent (thesacredpage.com)
- A Prayer for the Fourth Sunday of Advent (godspace.wordpress.com)
- An Advent Story of Hope (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- First Sunday of Advent (prepareformass.wordpress.com)
- Focusing on our hearts this Advent (encourageandteach.wordpress.com)
- Wednesday, Dec. 14 (prayerscapes.wordpress.com)
- What is the Hope of Advent? (pastorbobcornwall.blogspot.com)
- Advent Reflection on Waiting with Joy by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Advent 3: Halfway Out Of The Darkness (wanderingmedic.wordpress.com)
- Advent Candle Lighting (stjohnscathedral.ca)
- On This First Sunday of Advent 12-4-11 (goodolewoody.wordpress.com)
- Advent Sermon: The Advental Call for Peace in the Church, I Thessalonians 5:12-13 (apologus.wordpress.com)
- Advent In 2 Minutes – And a “Hip” Advent Calendar (reimagineimago.wordpress.com)
- “A Flame in My Heart – Scripture, Thought and Song for Advent” – Dec. 6 (mylegacyofferings.com)
- The Reason for the Season – Advent (hillsbiblechurch.org)
- Advent Reflection on Forgiveness and Hope by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Luke 1:46-55; Advent and Mary (brianarant.wordpress.com)
- Advent Reflection on Streams in the Desert and Shouts of Joy by Mark D. Roberts (trinityspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Catechesis of Joy (catechesisinthethirdmillennium.wordpress.com)
- Second Sunday in Advent (stjohnscathedral.ca)
- Advent Thoughts for December 3rd (2011) (jimkane.wordpress.com)
- Day 125 – “The Message”, Daily Bible Reading (letsreadthinkpraylive.wordpress.com)
- Discipline or Passion (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- New Book Reveals God’s Stimulus Package (prweb.com)
- The Workout Of The Day for Thursday, 12.15.11. – “(Modern) Road Runner Love” (crosssports.net)
- Why I’m Thankful God Killed Uzzah (veritasmizzou.wordpress.com)
- Day 126 – “The Message”, Daily Bible Reading (letsreadthinkpraylive.wordpress.com)