The End of the World 062212
If this December 21, 2012 is the end of the world, as Mayan calendars have predicted, will this affect only Mayans?
Not so, many think and predict that December 21, 2012 is the end of the world. If so, there’s not much we can do, is there, except to do what we’ve been doing as disciples of Christ.
2 Corinthians 5:1 says it well. If this ‘tent’ we call the world is destroyed, we have another building, not made by hands but by God, which is eternal. As we every day, we pray fro our daily bread here on earth, but we trust that eternal sustenance will come from God.
Pray for peace on earth, while the world lasts.
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Pray with us!
We are praying as a church, and attempting to follow the centuries’ old tradition of praying with other Christians three times a day. We are following the prayer liturgy at www.commonprayer.net
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO Permission is granted for one-time non-commercial use with proper attribution.
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog! Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
2 Corinthians 5:1-5
1Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord.
2Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications!
3If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, Lord, who could stand?
4But there is forgiveness with you, so that you may be revered.
5I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
6my soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning, more than those who watch for the morning.
7O Israel, hope in the Lord! For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is great power to redeem.
8It is he who will redeem Israel from all its iniquities.
34When the Lord heard your words, he was wrathful and swore: 35“Not one of these—not one of this evil generation—shall see the good land that I swore to give to your ancestors, 36except Caleb son of Jephunneh. He shall see it, and to him and to his descendants I will give the land on which he set foot, because of his complete fidelity to the Lord.” 37Even with me the Lord was angry on your account, saying, “You also shall not enter there. 38Joshua son of Nun, your assistant, shall enter there; encourage him, for he is the one who will secure Israel’s possession of it. 39And as for your little ones, who you thought would become booty, your children, who today do not yet know right from wrong, they shall enter there; to them I will give it, and they shall take possession of it. 40But as for you, journey back into the wilderness, in the direction of the Red Sea.”
2 Corinthians 5:1-5
5For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2For in this tent we groan, longing to be clothed with our heavenly dwelling— 3if indeed, when we have taken it off we will not be found naked. 4For while we are still in this tent, we groan under our burden, because we wish not to be unclothed but to be further clothed, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life. 5He who has prepared us for this very thing is God, who has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- Re-cycled Mayan calendar nonsense (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Massive Mayan Temple Sculpture Made Out Of Chocolate (neatorama.com)
- If The World Ends, This Man’s Voice May Be The Last You Hear (huffingtonpost.com)
- 9 Ton Mayan Temple Chocolate Sculpture Breaks World Record (laughingsquid.com)
- What the Mayan Elders Are Saying About 2012 (tetratrinitychronicles.wordpress.com)
- Newly found Mayan calendar (livasperiklis.com)
- 2012 Apocalypse Cancelled? (sylverblaque.wordpress.com)
- The world may not end soon predicts newly found Mayan calendar (telegraph.co.uk)
- No hint of world’s end in oldest Mayan calendar (abc.net.au)
- Mayan Calendar Comes to Life and Speaks Mayan Date as No One Could Hear for More Than 1000 Years (prweb.com)
- World’s Largest Chocolate Sculpture To Go On Display In California (gadling.com)
- Mayan Jade Masks Tell of Pre-Columbian Civilization (theepochtimes.com)
- 2012 Apocalypse Cancelled? (yapanowtravelblog.wordpress.com)
- Oldest Mayan Calendar Found (pinkbananaworld.com)
- End of the world fears? This time blame the Mayans (mcclatchydc.com)
- Good News:End of the Earth Postponed (rashidfaridi.wordpress.com)
- Summer solstice, 2012: Six months to doomsday? (bangordailynews.com)
- Newly discovered Mayan calendar goes way beyond 2012 (shortformblog.com)
- Oldest Mayan calendar found in Guatemala (mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.com)