This blog comes to you from the people at
Peace Mennonite Church keeps a prayer list for those in need. If you need prayer, or want to e-mail our pastor, e-mail billd @ peacemennonitechurch.net (Take out the extra spaces to use this e-mail—the spaces confuse spam generators).
Copyright 2011. All rights reserved. Peace Mennonite Church of Columbia, MO Permission is granted for one-time non-commercial use with proper attribution.
Scriptures follow the meditation and thoughts. Scriptures for the day selected by http://www.commontexts.org/
Subscribe to our blog. Delivery daily by e-mail. Click the button on the right.
Taking Another Look 110811
It has often occurred to me that I should take another look at certain issues within my Christian belief. Although my soul is as Psalm 63 sings “…you are my God, I seek you…” I find that my understanding of God, my understanding of Jesus and all things Biblical needs to be reviewed. Am I seeing God correctly? No, not yet. Am I understanding who God is? No, not yet. Do I understand all that Jesus said and lived and died? No.
But God apparently loves people who change their minds, because each and every day my infinitely small understanding of an infinite being changes, but I still clearly feel that God loves me.
Even further God loves every human being and every living and created thing—an infinite being, with infinite love.
In Jeremiah 31:31, the Lord says: ‘31The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant…’
When we take another look and see God more clearly, God makes a new covenant each day, perhaps. When we grow, God grows with us, so he is forever next to us.
Pray for peace, and pray for our understanding, as we grow.
1O God, you are my God, I seek you, my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
2So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.
3Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
4So I will bless you as long as I live; I will lift up my hands and call on your name.
5My soul is satisfied as with a rich feast, and my mouth praises you with joyful lips
6when I think of you on my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
7for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I sing for joy.
8My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
9But those who seek to destroy my life shall go down into the depths of the earth;
10they shall be given over to the power of the sword, they shall be prey for jackals.
11But the king shall rejoice in God; all who swear by him shall exult, for the mouths of liars will be stopped.
31The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt—a covenant that they broke, though I was their husband, says the Lord. 33But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put my law within them, and I will write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 34No longer shall they teach one another, or say to each other, “Know the Lord,” for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord; for I will forgive their iniquity, and remember their sin no more.
29“Immediately after the suffering of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of heaven will be shaken. 30Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see ‘the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven’ with power and great glory. 31And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
32“From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. 34Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.
The New Revised Standard Version, copyright 1989 by the Division of Christian Education of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the United States of America. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- Down (christianinutah.wordpress.com)
- What About God’s Covenant (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Israel’s Forever Land! (justicemusings.wordpress.com)
- Message: “Free!” – A Reformation Message, Reformation Sunday, October 30, 2011, St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church, Kingston, ON (religare72.wordpress.com)
- This Week’s Torah Portion – Nitzavim/Vayelech (You Are Standing) (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- It’s My Parent’s Fault. Right? Jeremiah 31:30 (dianneguthmuller.com)
- The Pursuit: God Pursues Us (goodnewsnow.wordpress.com)
- What is the Church? Part 2: Defining what the Church actually is (onwardswearychristian.wordpress.com)
- America is not God’s Covenant Nation – Part 1: How God Covenants With a Nation and a People (treeofmamre.wordpress.com)
- The Feast days (sabbathsermons.com)
- This Week’s Torah Portion – Noach (Noah) (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- His Glorious Appearing (zionsgate.wordpress.com)
- O Lord God Almighty … (pinkforpeace.wordpress.com)
- Covenants (judaicaworld.wordpress.com)
- LESSON TWO OF ELEVEN : The Reason He Came (eudoranachand.wordpress.com)
- 110811 Shindong Twitter Update: Suju’s coming!!!!!! (sup3rjunior.com)
- This Weeks Torah Portion – Matot (Tribes) (terri0729.wordpress.com)
- November 8 (bibleday2day.wordpress.com)
- Sermon: Sunday, October 30, 2011: Reformation Sunday: God’s Politics, “Damage Control & Spin Doctors” (byproclamation.wordpress.com)
- 25 The Crushing Rock (sabbathsermons.com)
- Melchizedeck : bread & wine priesthood (newevangelizationm.wordpress.com)
- Tithing in the new testament (christianpf.com)
- The Eight Covenant’s Found In Scripture According To Scofields Reference Notes (paradoxparables.wordpress.com)
- Jeremiah 15 “You must influence them; do not let them influence you” (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- What About Why We Forsake God (verticalviewer.wordpress.com)
- Kingdom Blueprints Part 9 – Evangelism/Missions By Apostle Ricardo Butler (reasondisciple.wordpress.com)
- “If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the LORD Almighty. (walkinstep.wordpress.com)
- October 30 Activities (immanuelmennonite.wordpress.com)
- The Biggest Lie in Our Bible (biblethumpingliberal.com)
- A Heart of Sackcloth & Ashes (solumevangelium.wordpress.com)